The Brampton and Area Community Foundation (BACF) is committed to meeting the requirements of the Federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and any comparable provincial legislation and regulation.
It is the policy of BACF:
• To be accountable for how it collects and maintains private information. The Executive Director is our Privacy Officer and responsible for the full implementation of this policy and its associated procedures.
• To only collect personal information for which we have a clear business need and to only use personal information for the reason that it has been collected.
• To obtain the informed consent of the individual concerned for all personal information that is collected.
• To only collect personal information for the business reasons that we have identified.
• To only disclose personal information with the consent of the individual concerned except where required by law. We will only retain personal information when we have a need for the information.
• To act to ensure that personal information is accurate and up to date.
• To protect personal information physically by ensuring that only staff and volunteers with business need have access to the information.
• To post the policy on the web site for the information of all.
• To provide individuals access to their own personal information and the ability to correct errors, except as allowed by law or where this would conflict with the privacy of another individual.
• To address challenges for failure to comply with this policy through the Privacy Officer of BACF
The Privacy Officer and Executive Director, Mr. James Boyd can be reached at:
Brampton and Area Community Foundation
150 Main Street North, Box 74027
Brampton, Ontario L6V 1N9
Tele: 905 796 2926
This policy will be reviewed yearly by the BACF Board of Directors, and/or when legislation requires.
Approved: May 2011